With the theme Forage Resilience in a Changing Landscape - Manage risk. Overcome Challenges. Discover opportunities, this year’s event will celebrate the important environmental and economic role forages and grasslands play across the country while delivering the practical, grassroots-based agronomic knowledge the CFGA is known for.
Register by Nov. 24
Registration closes on Nov. 24 for this in-person event. The rate is $500 and includes full access to the conference activities - including some meals, a welcome reception, a Living Labs Pathway to Solutions evening event and a post-conference bus tour to Agassiz Research and Development Centre and two modern dairies - as well as access to post conference online learning.
The CFGA is excited to once again have Dr. Frank Mitloehner from UC Davis open the conference. This year, he will present his keynote address on Wednesday, Nov. 29 when he provides the global picture on how methane from ruminants cycles through carbon in the soil.
Other speakers include:
- Dr. Dan Undersander from the University of Wisconsin speaking about sustainability metrics for forage systems
- Josh Callen from the Hoyt Report providing a global forage export market update
- Dr. Bart Lardner from the University of Saskatchewan speaking on advancing pasture management to store carbon and reduce methane emissions
Other events and activities taking place at the CFGA 14th Annual Conference are:
- Post-conference tour to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s Agassiz Research and Development Centre and local farms
- Technical workshops on grassland inventories and knowledge translation an transfer (KTT) extension
- Welcome reception
- Living Labs and Solutions Pathway event
- Panel discussions
- CFGA Leadership Award reception
- Industry trade show