The CFGA annual conference is THE not-to-be-missed annual event for the forage industry to meet and drive development in this critical agricultural sector. This year, we’re heading to beautiful Harrison Hot Springs, B.C. Nov. 28 through Dec. 1.
With the theme Forage Resilience in a Changing Landscape – Manage risk. Overcome Challenges. Discover opportunities, this year’s event will celebrate the important environmental and economic role forages and grasslands play across the country while delivering the practical, grassroots-based agronomic knowledge the CFGA is known for.
The CFGA is excited to once again have Dr. Frank Mitloehner from UC Davis open the conference. This year, he will present his keynote address on Wednesday, Nov. 29 when he provides the global picture on how methane from ruminants cycles through carbon in the soil.
Other speakers include:
- Dan Undersander from the University of Wisconsin speaking about sustainability metrics for forage systems
- Josh Callen from the Hoyt Report providing a global forage export market update
- Bart Lardner from the University of Saskatchewan speaking on advancing pasture management to store carbon and reduce methane emissions
Other events and activities taking place at the CFGA 14th Annual Conference are:
- Pre-conference tour to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s Agassiz Research and Development Centre and local farms
- Technical workshops on grassland inventories and knowledge tech transfer extension
- Welcome reception
- Panel discussions
- Living Labs showcase and solutions pathway
- CFGA Leadership Award reception
- Student poster presentations
- Industry tradeshow
Register by Oct. 30 and Save $80
Oct. 30 is the Early Registration deadline for the Canadian Forage and Grassland Association’s 14th Annual Conference.
Register now for the full conference for just $420 to save $80 on your registration fee to join us in Harrison Hot Springs, B.C. for Forage Resilience in a Changing Landscape: Manage risk. Overcome challenges. Discover opportunities.Back to October 2023