If any of these statements resonate with you, then we think this is the right program for you!
- I would like to adopt beneficial management practices (BMPs) on my farm, and I am looking to grow my knowledge or get more implementation information
- I have adopted one or more climate-friendly agricultural practices on my farm with success and would like to adopt another
- I have adopted a BMP at a small-scale and I am looking to scale-up
- I have unsuccessfully attempted to adopt a BMP on my farm and I am looking for assistance to make it work
- I have not yet adopted BMPs on my farm but I am interested in learning more
The FCS commitment to equity for FaRM
We believe that our sector, and our work as a coalition, will be stronger with decreased barriers to entry and better opportunities to succeed for equity-deserving farmers. We encourage people who belong to equity-deserving groups to join the Farm Mentorship Program, and have reserved 30% of registrations for equity-deserving farmers.
How much time will I need to commit?
Here is an approximate breakdown of your time commitment for one year:
- 5 hours of class time, where you’ll have the option to join workshops and/or community clubs
- 2-4 hours of independent learning (i.e. reading material, watching videos, etc. on your own time before your in-person class time)
- optional follow-up support with Farmer Mentors
- unlimited access to online learning platform, including community clubs for the year
- A comprehensive and supported Mentorship Program
- Access to an online course system so you can learn at your own pace
- Access to an online community of rotational grazers, where you can join your peers in meeting spaces that foster learning, knowledge sharing and support
- Access to Farmer Mentors to guide your learning and provide helpful input
- A management plan to support your on-farm implementation
- Useful resources and fact sheets
Learn how to enhance your grazing practices to promote herd and soil health
Through this course, extension professionals and farm operators will learn the basics of grazing management systems and supporting management practices that can support carbon sequestration. By implementing Advanced Grazing Systems on your farm, you can help improve production, profitability, carbon sequestration, drought resilience, biodiversity and soil health.