FORAGE & GRAZIER SPECIALIST
OMAFRA is looking for a new Forage and Grazier specialist. The position will be based out of our Lindsay office. It is a targeted job so the job ad ID number is required for people to see it. Visit https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Jobs.aspx and enter job ID 104758.
TENURE TRACK POSITION IN RANGE & FORAGE MANAGEMENT
Application deadline: March 14, 2017
The Department of Plant Sciences, College of Agriculture and Bioresources, at the University of Saskatchewan invites applications for a tenure track position at the assistant professor level in the area of range and forage utilization. The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in the area of rangeland ecology and management at the undergraduate level, develop a graduate course in his or her area of expertise, supervise M.Sc. and Ph.D. students and perform outreach duties as required. The successful candidate will also be expected to lead a vigorous, independent research program which will involve applied research of direct interest to industry and producers, as well as basic research that would be eligible for Government of Canada Tri-Council funding.
Applications, including a CV, academic transcripts, statements of research and teaching interests, and contact information for three referees, should be submitted to Dr. Yuguang Bai, Head, Department of Plant Sciences, University of Saskatchewan, 51 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5A8. Tel: (306) 966-4955. Email: email@example.com. For best consideration, applications should be received by Feb. 28, 2017.
This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package which includes pension plan, life insurance (compulsory and voluntary), sick leave, travel insurance, death benefit, dental plan, extended health and vision care plan, employee assistance program, and flexible health and wellness spending program. The salary range for this position is $93,293 – $112,109.
For a complete list of qualifications and additional information visit http://jobs.usask.ca/job_postings/jobs/usfa1728.php#.WJIfoYWcEiQ
- The Saskatchewan Forage Council
- Le Conseil québécois des plantes fourragères (CQPF)
- The Alberta Forage Industry Network
- The Ontario Forage Council
- The Manitoba Forage and Grassland Association
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada; Agri-Marketing Program
- Manitoba Agriculture Food and Rural Initiatives
- PhiBer Manufacturing
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food
- Canadian Cattlemen’s Association
- Dairy Farmers of Canada
- Canadian Sheep Breeders Association
- Equine Canada
- Canada Business (Export Info)
- Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada (Guide to Exporting to the U.S.)
- Beef Cattle Research Council